Old June 28th 08, 12:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ilya Zakharevich

Default Verbatim DVD made in India?

Brendan R. Wehrung
], who wrote in article :
The latest batch of Verbatim DVD+R I bought were made in India instead of
Taiwan. These used to have a reputation of being inconsistent in quality,
but I've had no problems so far. Given that India may be the next China
for mass manufacturing and has a significant high tech infostructure, can
I stop worrying?

My observation is: about 15% write failure rate with India's DL stock
(read fails during verify). The new batch I got is from Singapour;
did not try it yet...

Ilya