Old August 21st 04, 09:57 PM
Paul Filion

Hi Ben.

That is exactly what I believe is happening also but I'm not sure about the
faulty installation CD as I can install the printer on another system.

I think it has something to do with the USB drivers. I tried removing the
USB drivers and then rebooted but windows would then not find drivers
for the USB host hubs.

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
"It appears that the problem is that the printer is not being identified
as
what it's full description is, only as a USB printer and then when it
looks for
an entry in the inf file it can't find it."

This is usually symptomatic of a faulty installation CD, i.e. one which
does not
properly take into account the software or maybe hardware conditions found
on
your computer.

Faulty printer and scanner software installs are an absolute plague in
this
industry... Ben Myers

SNIP