Old July 24th 04, 07:58 PM
Malam

I had a Pinnacle TV card and a Ti 4200 video card a few months ago and
was looking at upgrading just like you are. I eventually settled on
ATI AIW 9700 Pro. Its between the 9600 and the 9800 in video
performance but had the same tuner and video capture chip. The ATI
video capture chip is far superior to the ones on the separate TV
cards. You may want to target the 9600 or if you can find one , the
9700 Pro. The AIW is the top of the line and will cost you too much.

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:55:35 -0400, "Chuck"
wrote:

Just bear in mind that the AIW is not the same as your separate TV card.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. The AIW will combine my current graphic card and
my tv tuner all to one card/slot. That's my main goal, without spending too
much money or having a lesser quality graphics card. I thought I had heard
that the ti4800 was actually slower than the 4600, it just had 8X AGP
support built in. As previously mentioned, I'm perfectly happy with my
current card for the applications I do.

I appreciate your response, that's the type of information I was looking
for. I'm still confused as to which AIW I should be looking at. Although
certainly not as nice as the AIW 9800 Pro, it looks like the AIW 9600 Pro
would provide the same performance as my current card at 1/2 the cost of a
9800 Pro. But I'd hate to skimp on a few bucks and have a graphics card
that is worse than my current one just for the sake of a tv tuner
integration. I guess I'll keep on asking questions.

Thanks again, Ben.