Old January 13th 05, 04:12 AM
larry moe 'n curly

Brian Cloutier wrote:
The 235 watt is an a-open. The original PS did not fire
up at all. At least the 235 spins the fans. However it
did not power up the cd drives or the floppy. I am
begining to wonder if the original PS took out more than
the MB?

A-open is really, really good and probably more powerful than your 250W
or even some 300W PSUs. I don't understand how the HD could run but
the floppy and CD drives wouldn't because they all operate off the same
+12V and +5V rails. Do the CD drive trays open when you press their
buttons?

I think that the MB took out the original PS rather than the other way
around. You'll have to measure the voltages for the CPU core, memory
slots, PCI slots, etc., to see what's still working.