Old July 8th 08, 05:22 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno Wagner

Default Use of 2.5 SATA Drives For Servers

Previously Will wrote:
Altigen voicemail server. It's a vendor supplied "integrated" solution
that uses an older ISA / PCI single-slot computer design, so you don't get
as much flexibility as you might like on choice of the enclosure.

Hmm. If it is not a high-performance application, ordinary
notebook drives may actually do fine. They are at the performance
level that 3.5" SATA drives were 2-3 years ago. Running them 24/7
is also not really that much of an issue.

Arno

--
Will

"CJT" wrote in message
Will wrote:
Is there 2.5 SATA drive whose use is recommended for a server? I have
an
industrial rackmount computer with SCSI drives currently that leaves no
room
for the cable connections behind the drives. It's HOURS of work to
remove
and replace a drive. I want something that gives us a lot more room to
work behind the drives.

What kind of chump server is THAT?