Old July 8th 08, 02:38 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Will

Default Use of 2.5 SATA Drives For Servers

"Arno Wagner" wrote in message
Previously Will wrote:
Is there 2.5 SATA drive whose use is recommended for a server?

Yes, but they are hard to get.

I have an
industrial rackmount computer with SCSI drives currently that leaves no
room
for the cable connections behind the drives. It's HOURS of work to
remove
and replace a drive. I want something that gives us a lot more room to
work behind the drives.

2.5" driver for server use are typically used in blade servers.
I am not aware of a source on the general market. You may get them
as spare parts from blade server suppliers.

If you have a Compaq or Dell part number for the 2.5 SATA drives they use in
their blades, that would work as well.

--
Will