Old June 26th 19, 04:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Banders

Default green led

On 06/26/2019 08:11 AM, T. Ment wrote:
My computer case green led failed. I bought some on Ebay, but they
are so bright they light up the room and obscure the other color
leds.

Any suggestions for a cheap source of low intensity leds in a 3mm
size? Maybe Mouser, but then $1 worth of parts costs $10 to ship. If
I have to spend that much to fix it, I'll just live without a power
led.

Can you add a resistor or something to change the brightness?

My truck has a manual transmission, and a green LED in the instrument
panel that tells me when it's time to shift up into the next gear. It
was brilliant, and usually wrong. A black Sharpie pen fixed it. I can
barely see it now, even at night.
The blue Hi-Beam indicator LED was also dazzling. About 70% coverage
with Sharpie toned it down.