Old August 16th 14, 04:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
B00ze/Empire

Default Absolute Computrace

On 2014-08-15 22:25, Paul wrote:

Another example of someone blocking it in Windows, via permissions.
They decided to stop WLAN service, to give time for their
defenses to be ready. So networking must be activated manually
in essence, so no monkey business at T=0. You could also
unplug the Ethernet cable, but that would wear out the
connector :-)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/24...olute-software

The references still seem to be to laptops.

Paul

http://www.absolute.com/en/partners/...atibility.aspx

Arrg! It's in my phone too! At least if the list is accurate, it's not
in ASUS motherboards (woohoo, I've been eyeing a ROG board), only
notebooks...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain /
! (o o) Member-+-David-Suzuki-Foundation-+-Planetary-Society-