Old October 21st 07, 03:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default Replacement Motherboard for s5200nx

The motherboard in the S5200NX is an Asus P4G533 with Intel 845GL chipset,
Realtek RTL8100 Ethernet, ITE Super I/O chip, and Realtek ALC202A audio chip.
Your best bet is to replace it with a very similar Asus board, and you would
then have to jump through Microsoft's product activation by phone, telling Apoo
in India that the motherboard failed.

Next best choice would be a motherboard with the exactly the same chipsets. The
best choice after that would be another board with 845GL chipset, but you would
need to install different drivers for the Ethenet and audio. If you do not
match the motherboard 845GL chipset exactly, you would have a lot more to do to
get Windows running properly again.

To repair the board, is it possible to simply reattach the northbridge heat
sink? Maybe you can get some replacement pins with springs from a failed
Socket 478 board? ... Ben Myers

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:05:42 -0700, Postman Delivers
wrote:

The pins have pulled out of the motherboard, where the springs were holding
the northbridge heatsink down... Is there any repair possible, or what
motherboard might be a decent replacement?

I have used Biostar motherboards as drop in replacements in Emachines.
Wondering if anyone might have this experience... and could make a
suggestion...

JR