Old July 30th 03, 03:53 PM
123xxxxx

excuse me, but 1 min i bin told that there are some around and i did see 1
on the web, but was looking for something so i didnt bother bookmarking it
or taking much notice to it, i am sure i saw it but cannot remember where it
is. also you have given hardly a reason to beleive you as 'the modem' leaves
the line free for telephone and other fax machine, why not an internal fax
machine with 'the modem' as you put it

"Perdita X. Dream" wrote in message
123xxxxx wrote:
can any1 tell me if this modem has fax on it plz

http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/product_d...ef_site=kelkoo

And what part of "it is impossible to fax via ADSL" are you having

problems
with, exactly? I explained why it isn't possible and an ASDL 'modem' isn't

modem at all - it is a network connection to a vast wide area network.

This
goes for ALL ASDL 'modems'. You can only fax via an analogue 56k (or

lower)
modem that connects directly to your phone line. Now will you please cease
and desist as the answer is always going to be the same! Faxing requires

the
recognition of tone pulses which an ASDL 'modem' is incapable of decoding.
If it cannot recognise tone pulses, how do you propose dial the fax

numbers,
pray?

Some people just don't know when to quit...

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm.
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.