Old August 25th 18, 07:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default SD card problems

Did you yet try the CrystalDiskMark tool to see what it says for various
file sizes used in the different tests?

If you get the same behavior on your friend's PC, I'd say try another
$15 64GB SD card but perhaps something other than Sandisk. Team is
another brand I'd stay away from. The Samsung EVO costs more but I've
not had problems with them. Currently bestbuy.com is selling it at $25.
walmart.com (and I mean Walmart, not a storefront for some other seller
at walmart.com) has it for $20 where you can have it shipped free to a
local store and should there be a problem you can return it to a store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-6...pter/701252739
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...?skuId=5785404

Those might be sale prices, so swing by your friend's house soon to test
your uSD card on his PC. Try CrystalDiskMark there, too.

Just in case the USB card reader might be the problem, you can get a new
uSD card with SD adapter and card reader for $20, like:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820239984
(but thats Adorama Camera operating a storefront at Newegg)