Old May 19th 16, 05:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.graphics.algorithms,comp.graphics.opengl,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Resolution, Aspect Ratio and Monitor Scaling.

What's even weirder is this:

I set game/window resolution to 1280x800 which is aspect ratio 16:10 ?

I set monitor to "fill to aspect ratio".

Strange thing is monitor does not fill the entire screen but it has black
borders/bar top/bottom/left/right ?!

Why does it not simply "up scale" 1280x800 to 1920x1600 ? Since it's the
same aspect ratio ???

I guess this produces "half pixels"

1920/1280 = 1.5

1600 / 800 = 2

Hmm I think I went wrong somewhere... with my aspect ratio assumptions...
hmmm...

Bye,
Skybuck.