Old October 21st 03, 12:40 AM

Phil Pease wrote:

Does a heatsink, cpu fan, thermal paste come with a retail cpu (AMD 2500+)
or do I need to buy these items?

Do cables to connect a retail motherboard (Aopen AK79D) to various
connectors come with the motherboard or do I need to buy these items?

Is a floppy drive necessary?
--
Phil

Because I was a first time builder at this time last year, I chose the
following option from
mwave.com:
For $9, they
"Assembly and testing option includes installation of memory, processor,
and cooling fan. CPU settings will be set,
and inital boot will be performed.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/DEPTBUNCP...EPTBUNCPU.HMX?

This was my biggest concern as a first time builder, and as far as I'm
concerned, $9 well spent.

As for the floppy:
They are not absolutely needed, but less than $20...why not???