Old January 18th 04, 07:53 PM
Mike Richter

Silence Seeker wrote:
Mike Richter wrote in message ...

The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the software
is broken.

Mike, it seems that you know the solution to the problem. I happen to
have the same (?) problem. I searched the newsgroups and found a few
references to the same problem (at least the same error message), but
no solution was proposed by anyone.

I've made only a few VCDs and have not yet used my DVD recorder for
video. What I've learned is that most software is choosy about needing
whitebook format and that you are better off either encoding first to
MPEG with a good compressor or ensuring that your AVI is compliant.

As Graham said, one good choice is TMPGEnc. If you find audio/video sync
problems even then, you have a problem. The best MPEG1 encoder I've
found is the now-defunct Xing - bought and abandoned by RealNetworks.
Another choice is the Panasonic, but I have had inconsistent results
with it.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/