Old August 2nd 19, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T. Ment

Default green led

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 00:01:16 -0400, Paul wrote:

That LED must have a hell of a lens on it.

I finally got the resistor wired into the case. The LED color is not a
perfect match for my original, but it's not bad.

The 68k resistor leaves the LED a little brighter than my original, but
at least now it doesn't drown out the hard drive yellow LED below it.

$5 of parts took $1,000 of time, but who's counting. It's the challenge
to see if I can get it done.

My next big project is to learn wilderness survival skills. Computers
will be useless when the next Carrington event kills the power grid. No
power, no computers.

It took 100 years to build the power infrastructure. If enough main
transformers get knocked out, I doubt there's enough inventory to fix
things in a hurry. And without power nationwide, how do you build new
ones? All manufacturing depends on electricity now. Chicken and egg
problem. For God it's not a problem, He created chickens first, then
they laid eggs.

But we can't even make a tree.