Old June 3rd 13, 04:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Default DDR2 1066 dies young leaves a pretty corpse

wrote:
A few hours a week, I have been testing old PCs donated to charity for re-use.
Recently, started seeing stuff that would have been high-end in its day.
Now every system I looked at with 1066 MHz DDR2 had at least one dead DIMM
in it. Would this suggest that the people who fit this overclocked the ****
out of it?

To run at that speed, may require bumping up VDimm a bit.

And it turns out, that not all memory chips, tolerate
the adjustment that well.

At the very least, get the specs for the memory, and see
if the motherboard VDimm is set higher than the "recommended"
value for the RAM. So if nominal is 1.8V, the package
says 2.0V on the front of it, then if the motherboard was
set to 2.2V, you'd have your answer.

Paul