Old August 21st 10, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chuck

Default Borderlands

On 8/21/2010 6:11 AM, wrote:
I could only get it work without a major memory issue under 10.7 cats
with the "Catalyst AI" setting disabled. I use a 4870X2 which then
means only one core is working but it runs fine with everything maxed
out (also it doesn't need AA as it looks fine). Played for hours
yesterday without a crash.

Hope this help.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 04:07:53 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Borderlands (retail DVD) crashes if I set screen resolution at 16 x 10
regardless of detail settings. At lower resolutions it's OK. No help
from various forums. Virtually no other programs running. Any
suggestions? All other games run just fine with high detail, AF,
etc. Heat is not a problem.

GPU: 5870
CPU: Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0 GHz
4GB mem
Win7, 32 bit

Thanks, Bill

The crash details might help you get some sort of answer.
Beyond that, there are several games that have similar problems.
So far, there is no single fix that makes the problems go away for everyone.

The general problem seems to occur with both ATI and NVIDIA GPUs,
various MBD support chip sets, and BIOS versions.

The exact causes vary. Some are related to the differences between DX9c
and DX10 or DX11. Some seem to point to differences between dlls in
older development software.

Others have to do with the amount of video memory above 512Meg.
Downclocking GPU and video memory helps in some cases.
(And so on)