Old July 5th 06, 04:44 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default Best DOS-based disk imaging software?

Aloke Prasad wrote:

I use Ghost 2003 but that is getting dated. Ghost 10 and TrueImage create disk images
in WinXP, change the MBR and do other nasty things like install in their own partitions.

True Image doesnt. You dont have to install its own partition if you
dont want to and it doesnt molest the MBR if you dont want it to either.

All I want is a program that runs from a bootable CD, crates and restores disk images,
including the latest NTFS volumes. It doesn't have to run in DOS (it can install it's
own OS etc from the bootable CD), but I don't want it to be running off the hard drive
it is imaging or restoring.

Which program fits the bill?

True Image. You dont have to install it if you dont want to.

It can be worth doing tho, that way you can do incremental
and differential images, and can use the PC while its doing those.