Old August 17th 03, 12:13 AM
Amir Facade

GigaByte GA-7VAXP Ultra should do what you want. Not a great overclocker,
but really stable.
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard...P-A%20Ultra.ht

"Pete" wrote in message
s.com...
: Hi Guys and Gals - firstly, I do appreciate that this is most likely not
: the correct place to post this but I have not been able to find somewhere
: more relevant.
:
: If this is truly not a good place to post my questions, I offer my
: apologies and ask you to please point me in the direction of a good
e-group
: and/or relevant URL.
:
: Many thanks and here goes.
:
: Having decided to stick with AMD processors as they provide the best bang
: for the buck, my challenges really started. Hence this post.
:
: What I am looking for is a first class, very reliable mobo to take a
: 2600+ (decided that this was the best value around at the moment - please
: let me know if I am wrong).
:
: I anticipate paying around the same price for the mobo as the proc but am
: happy to be convinced to pay more of less.
:
: I suspect that I will upgrade the board before I have a proc using FSB400.
:
: Must have support for more than 4 eide drives.
:
: SATA might be a worthwhile addition.
:
: LAN on-board might be useful.
:
: Audio and video onboard, not too useful, as far as I am aware(?)
:
: I am not a gamer with high 3D needs.
:
: A slew of ports for all of the options like firewire etc is needed.
:
: Soft tweaking of mobo parameters is preferred to links and switches.
:
: Well that's all folks....
:
: Any suggestions/comments/recommendations welcomed.
:
: Many thanks for any help that you care to offer.
:
: Pete