Old July 5th 19, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T. Ment

Default sil3114 sata card

On Thu, 04 Jul 2019 19:51:33 +0000, T. Ment wrote:

I can verify the DOS flasher DOES NOT work

I tried again, using the PCI slot near the AGP. I never tried that one
before. Now it works. Maybe I have some bad slots. I'll try them again
later to see what happens.

But I doubt they are bad, since other people reported the same problem.
Must be something else going on. I don't see how IRQ sharing could hurt
in DOS, when there's no activity from the sharing devices.

Looks like they gave up supporting DOS after that version. The archive
has no such BIOS for a 3114 card.

Wrong again. There's an old version 5073 for the 3114 card. It only has
a raid version, no basic. That's why I did not try it before. But I had
to try it just for completeness, before giving up. And what do you know,
it works with DOS.