Old November 3rd 07, 05:04 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
MISS CHIEVOUS

Default BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Iago wrote:
In that long message you never once mentioned what your backup
objectives are.

I don't know what part of this is ambiguous:

MY GOAL
I've been through so many reinstalls of my OS from virus attacks -
despite my best efforts to keep AVG Anti-Virus + Anti-Spy current on
my machine - that I am desperate with this most recent install to have
a TRANSPORTABLE, Non-OS-Dependent, Non-MAGNETIC-Media backup of my
MBRs and NTLDRs _at a minimum_ so that when I see the dread MBR Status
in AVG as "Changed" I can, in minutes, overwrite it.

Where do you backup your MBR? You obviously have a strategy; what is
it? Removeable drives? CD/DVD? What software are you using? You
said you use automation; you're obviously using something.

I see a wealth of methodology in your reply and a paucity of
SOLUTIONS. I can handle your criticism but it's worthless if you
don't pair it with the products you are using to accomplish your
method.

I'll move on and ask at some of the private forums I'm registered
with.

MC