Old August 18th 06, 03:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
AnotherAnonymous

Default AMD Cool & Quiet

I notice when playing games, opening/closing various apps, etc. my CPU
constantly switches to and from 2.4GHz/1.0GHz (power mgmt is set to
portable/laptop). I like this, it dont seem to compromise performance and it
idles alot cooler, however, is this frequent changing of the CPU speed too
hard on it and should I just set it to one of the other settings that keeps
it at 2.4 all the time? Thanks for any info provided.

AMD Dual Core 4800+