Old April 22nd 06, 02:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default PC won't turn on. It seems it isn't a power-supply problem..

The reason I'm writing this is because I'm having some problems with
one of my computers. It all happened when I shutdown the machine, it
shutdown normally, but the next time I tried to turn it on, it didn't.
It seemed like a power supply kind of problem, since, it did not do
anything at all. Trying to turn it on, was like trying to turn on a
computer whose cable is unplugged. I switched its power supply with
another one I had laying around. But, still... it did exactly the
same thing. I'm sure the power supply works, because I tested it on
other computer. Could it be that the motherboard is damaged? How can
I know the problem?

The motherboard is the most likely suspect at this time since
you tried another power supply. Did you make sure that the
power-on wire from the front of the case is attached properly?

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!