Old November 30th 03, 07:07 AM
TinMan

Big reccomendation for newbies... In order to minimize the chances of
resource conflicts pick a motherboard with most of your required features
integrated; for example LAN, graphics, USB, audio,etc... Another
reccomendation is to use an Intel CPU with an Intel chipset based
motherboard (865G or 845G); Intel has very solid drivers for their chipsets
and run very rigorous Windows and hardware compatibility tests.

Regards,
Francis

"Girgath" wrote in message
I want to buy parts and make my own computer. I have 3 questions a) can
anyone tell me how to find out what hardware conflicts with other hardware
and why, b) is there anything I have to know other than jumper setting and
the basics? c) is there a website or some other media that may be able to
help me?