Old September 23rd 06, 09:03 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
carmelomcc

Default EMC to IBM SAN LUN replication

oops wrong post...
Rob Turk wrote:
Ehh??? How is this related to the OP's question about LUN replication and/or
my suggestion?

Rob

"carmelomcc" wrote in message
ups.com...
There are nurmous cluster filesystems that will work for your solution.

IE:

Windows
http://www.polyserve.com/matrix_server_windows.php

http://www.veritas.com

The real question is why do you need this? Is it for a high end
application or simple file sharing? If it is simple file sharing you
may want to use another solution. You would be making this overly
complicated for no reason.

Check out freenas.org they offer a linux OS specifc to nas that you can
use. It will install on the existing hardware that you are using and
provide CIFS access to the windows machines.

Rob Turk wrote:
"mackdaddy315" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,
I have been asked to look into possible solutions to replicate luns
between an IBM and EMC SAN. Our production data is on an existing IBM
SAN and we have just 'aquired' an EMC. Does anyone know of a product
from either company or third party to replicate LUNS accross the two??

thanks....

You can use a vendor-neutral appliance to do this. Falconstor might be an
option for you

Rob