Old September 24th 11, 05:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
123Jim

Default out of range - can't get in to safe mode

Windows 7 home premium 32 bit
Display adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4550

I've connected my usual CRT monitor in order to fix a few problems on
this computer but I can't access safe mode as I get the message

'Out of range - H: 75.0K V: 59.9'

75.0K is flashing in red
59.9 is blue.

This computer would normally be connected to a large LCD screen.

It seems like the graphics adapter is refusing to run in the correct
mode to run safe mode with this monitor .. It has the most up to date
drivers.

I've fixed most of the problems on this computer but I just want to get
into safe mode to run system restore (it didn't work in normal mode)

any ideas?