Old April 14th 07, 06:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Guest[_2_]

Default Is one 8800 better than sli from an earlier series?

"deimos" wrote in message
Guest wrote:
I would like to buy an 8800, but I need VIVO and I would replace it with
an sli 7800gt.

VIVO can be fulfilled by an SD/HDTV tuner PCI card. Some have the ability
to output a true NTSC interlaced signal for perfect TV playback. Most TV
cards are fairly cheap, but the analog encoders (Phillips SAA71xx or
Conexant based) are very high quality. HD tuners are equally good.

See, I would hate to have to go through the trouble of buying a seperate one
since I am used to having it on the card. I don't know why they just don't
make it standard. It is a pain trying to find it all in one. It is even
worse when I cannot get any official onfo on the 8600 series which I know
will have it, but at less overal power.