Old March 31st 06, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default OT Bill Gates tells senators "we need more foreign programmers to remain competitive"

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:13:09 GMT, John Doe
wrote:

Bill Gates was in Washington this week, as usual lobbying for an
increase in H-1B visas. The richest man in the world earned his keep
when he looked our president in the eye and (without laughing) said
"Microsoft needs cheap, easy to control foreign programmers to
remain competitive".

Gates is right. Microsoft's biggest competitive threat is freeware.
How much can they afford to pay their programmers when the competition
is working for nothing?

Microsoft's golden era is over. A job with Microsoft is like a deck
chair on the Titanic.

Charlie