Old March 31st 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default OT Bill Gates tells senators

Conor wrote:

If it were a global market, we would play by the same
intellectual property rules.

Thankfully we don't. The way IP is being enforced in the US is
doing nothing but killing off progress.

That's about right IMO. I have a difficult time believing that our
country is ruled by elitists, but that's about the only explanation.
Apparently they are out of touch with how the rest of the world
views/treats intellectual-property. The Bush Jr. administration
protects Microsoft like no one else in our country has talent (or
it's just a libertarian might-makes-right policy).

If you all paid for our intellectual property, the software you
are paid for helping to produce, it wouldn't be so bad.

So what about Americans using IP involved in Linux? After all,
Linus Torvalds isn't American. How many American companies are
freeloading off Linux?

I thought it was the other way around. At one point, SCO was suing
IBM and others for incorporating UNIX code into Linux. Anybody know
what happened?

http://sco.iwethey.org/

That's the closest I find after a short search. No recent
information.