Old March 31st 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default OT Bill Gates tells senators

In article , John Doe says...
no spam.invalid (Kalesh) wrote:

i think the world is moving towards a *GLOBAL MARKET* sort of a
state.

If it were a global market, we would play by the same intellectual
property rules.

Thankfully we don't. The way IP is being enforced in the US is doing
nothing but killing off progress.

Microsoft's money comes from Americans. Microsoft pays easy to
control H-1B Visa immigrants. Those immigrants send the money home
to their family.

Why? They don't live in the US.

..

If you all paid for our intellectual property, the software you are
paid for helping to produce, it wouldn't be so bad.

So what about Americans using IP involved in Linux? After all, Linus
Torvalds isn't American. How many American companies are freeloading
off Linux?

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.