Old January 15th 04, 06:54 PM
Neil Maxwell

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:53:50 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
wrote:

DVD-RAM 100 year life span, also has errors corection and used by many firms
as a backup media..

These numbers are strictly guesses. DVD-RAM has only been in use a
few years, and that's the only valid data if you really care about
your data integrity. Any data from 2 years ago is somewhat
meaningless on current backups, since both burners and media have
changed in that time.

There's not a digital medium in the world I'd count on to last 100
years, except maybe punch cards.