Old December 21st 20, 06:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_41_]

Default What hardware to best speed up processing large Word file?

Paul wrote:
THe (T) part measures Hyperthreading,
which helps 7ZIP a bit. But it's the C number that bears most
of the weight when doing 7ZIP (or RAR) compression.

Do all of the newer CPUs offer Hyperthreading (or something equivalent)?
I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I presume it enables multiple
threads to run faster on a single core. For example, do the new AMD
CPUs have hyperthreading (or something equivalent)?

Cheers,
Bill