Old June 13th 06, 05:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,sci.electronics.repair

Default No Black Supply: Insert ink cartridge NOW (HP oj d145)

On 12 Jun 2006 11:02:43 -0700, Larry B. Scott wrote:
Have you tried unplugging your printer instead of just turning it off?
Sometimes unplugging it for a couple of minutes clears false errors or
memory problems and makes the printer recognize that there isn't an
empty cartridge in there anymore.

Yes, I did unplug it, but not for more than about ten seconds.

I've always wondered what a 'couple of minutes' would do.

Isn't off off? Why would off for a long time be off?