Old December 7th 08, 12:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
dg1261

Default What Have They Done to the Community Forums?

"Daddy" wrote in message
Maybe I'm behind the times, but I've just had a look at the 'new,
improved' Dell Community Forums. They're awful!

Yeah, they really fubarred it up big time. Take a look at the comments in
the poll (http://communityweb.ins.dell.com/for...19240925.aspx), and it's
overwhelmingly negative. Even the poll seems to be broken--or more likely,
disabled to stop the landslide of negative votes. It quickly ran up to 71%
negative in the first two weeks, then suddenly stopped changing. They made
the switchover Nov 7 and asked, "Take a moment to tell us what you think
about the new community." Consensus in the community is that despite the
negative reception and calls to bring back the old forums, Dell doesn't
really care what you think and has no plans to do anything about the mess.

I used to check in there several times a week to pick up new information
from the more knowledgable regulars or offer my help when I could. Now I
can't even figure out which messages I've already seen. (Notice there
aren't even any dates on the message indexes anymore!) I used to have a
library of links to posts with valuable information from others, but that's
all gone now. I've tried half a dozen times to push myself through it to
see if it got any better with familiarity, but have finally conceded defeat.
Life's too short to waste time unnecessarily like that.