Old December 6th 08, 06:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Daddy[_3_]

Default What Have They Done to the Community Forums?

Maybe I'm behind the times, but I've just had a look at the 'new,
improved' Dell Community Forums. They're awful!

In the first place, the number of Forums has been reduced, so each group
now covers many more topics than before.

Also, the Advanced Search options have been dumbed down, so now it's
harder to zero in on a specific query. As a result, even the most
specific search terms return tens of thousands of results, most totally
irrelevent.

The interface has been changed too, so you have to wade through extra
detail to find what you want.

Finally, the home page is poorly organized and vague, so it's harder to
figure out how to find things.

It's almost as though Dell is trying to kill off its own user forum by
making it so un-user friendly that people will give up in exasperation.

This is really disappointing. I was a big fan of the old Dell Community
Forums. They were a great help to me.

A few years ago Dell stopped maintaining a separate technical
knowledgebase. That was extremely helpful to me. You can still find
knowledgebase articles but now they're mixed into the thousands of hits
that result from searching the support website.

First the knowledgebase, now the user forums, and Dell is no longer the
quality leader in PCs...it's getting harder for me to think 'Dell, of
course' for my next PC.

Daddy