Old January 27th 04, 01:00 AM
Jason

Just for kicks I would try clicking on "ADD HARDWARE" in control panel
then go to "ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS" -- "COMPUTER MANAGEMENT" -- "SYSTEM
TOOLS" -- "DEVICE MANAGER" -- "PROCESSORS" if there is not 2 of the
same, see if there are any "OTHER DEVICES" with an "!" over a yellow
question mark under "DEVICE MANAGER". Just another thing to try.
Good luck

"Steve Colburn" wrote in message ...
"Fabio De Robertis" wrote in message om...
Hi,

I have a P4P800 DeLuxe and I run WinXP PRO (fully updated).
The CPU is a P4 2.60c with Hyper Threading.

The problem is I cannot get WinXP PRO to recognize two CPU's.
I suppose this's the only proof that Hyper Threading is working.
Well, CTRL+Shift+ESC Task Manager shows just 1 CPU.

The P4P800 DeLuxe has the latest BIOS installed (1014) and the
Hyper Threading is ENABLED. I re-installed WinXP PRO with no results :
only one CPU detected.

I run 10% Overclocking but it shouldn't affect the Hyper Threading,
right?

Any ideas? Is my P4P800 DeLuxe faulty? Could it be a problem related
to the CPU? Or a wrong BIOS setting?

Thank you in advance!

Fabio

If you do not o'clock, does it show up? The best way to debug is to NOT o'clock during the testing. If it still does not, the get
the cpuid program and see if you really have a HT chip.

Steve