Old December 16th 09, 12:49 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
- Bobb -

Default Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

THEO@TO. wrote in message
It's not really a Notepad icon after all, but it is a text icon
just white with black lines and the spiral looking thing across
the top.

That spiral icon IS wordpad.

I right clicked on a WordPad icon and selected Run as...

WHY did you do that ?
"Run as... " means to RUN the program AS another user.
Reread previous message - in explorer , you want to "Open With" .

Did you copy/paint " google icon" as I did ?
Did that work ?

The box by
"Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program
activity" was checked, so I unchecked it and hit OK hoping that
would change things back. But I can't find out whether it would
or not because something keep checking the box again...every time
I uncheck it and close the window, when I open it again it's
checked again. So now what???