Old June 30th 03, 07:58 PM
spodosaurus

Patch wrote:
I've got an old motherboard from Epox & I was going to add a USB adapter to
the board, but it has a weird looking pin arrangement. My adapter has a 5
pin plug on the end, but the mobo has a double row of 8 pins. How in the
heck do I get this thing to work? Is there an adapter with an 8 pin plug?

What you're describing is not a USB adapter, it's a pair of usb ports
that you're trying to plug in. BIG difference. A USB adapter is a PCI
card that you add to your system to provide USB functionality or get
better USB ports (a USB 2.0 card instead of USB 1.1 which may be on the
motherboard).

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying