Old August 10th 04, 06:41 PM
JD

OK I figured it out, my windows reinstall idea was only working because I
forgot to install the AGP driver and once I installed that it started
crashing. So then I changed the AGP in the BIOS from 8X to 4X and it works
terrific, 9 hours straight of Doom 3 without a hitch. This on a 9700 PRo as
well.

"Mark Goddard" wrote in message
Is anyone else out here having lockups/VPU recovery errors, about 10- 15
mins into the game? I've tried updating drivers for the 9700pro (cat 4.9)
via chipset drivers, soundblaster drivers, even turned off fast writes and
changed the AGP ap size to 32mb. The support website for doom suggested
changing the desktop res to 800 x 600 32 bit colour i've done this and
turned off antivirus etc and all its done is make the game run a little
longer without crashing. Help is there anything else i can do. I've even
thought of upgrading to to an nvidia card (don't want to rather wait until

get a new mb with pci x and get one of the new radeons).
Please help
It could be that my 550 watt psu failed and i'm using a 300 watt one? or
over heating?

Athlon xp 2.4+ (not overclocked)
Msi kt400 MB
1 GB ram
Soundblaster audigy player
Shappire 9700pro (cat 4.9, didn't work with others either)