Old August 27th 09, 09:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
The Other Guy

Default Is AMD doing well again?

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:03:10 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

However -- for typical usage (running web browsers, editors, etc), the
phenom _system_ feels far speedier and more responsive.

I have ALWAYS liked the AMD CPUs for their feel in use, even if they
benchmark lower.

I recently built a new system; MSI AM3 MB, Phenom II X3 720 BE CPU,
4 gigs of DDR3 1600 memory, and this thing FLYS are almost everything,
especially things like running QuickPar, WinRAR, and Agent at the same
time. I get WAY more done in less time, and just plain feel better at
the same time.

I also like Google Earths loading and response too!