Old July 6th 05, 11:49 AM
Mercury

You could look at fixing the stability issues with your current system.
It is quite possible it can be fixed at little cost except some time.

"news.lightship.net" wrote in message
I have a computer that currently has an A7N8X Deluxe board in it. I have
one of those software locking programs that looks for the MAC address of
the network card. My MOBO is definetly on its way out (hanging, crashing,
etc) and I need to put a replacement in.

If I trash this board, then I have to pay a chunk of change to the
deadbeats that lock the software just for them to send me a new config
file for the new MOBO's NIC MAC. Is there a way I can change the MAC on
any of the last A7V or A7N series MOBOs that have the 333 or 400 FSB so
that I don't have to pay these clowns a couple of grand just to change a
config file.