Old July 4th 18, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default Need VGA video card for T3104 eMachine

wrote:
The onboard video in my eMachines T3104 is out. The MOBO has a free
PCI slot. I would like to try a VGA video card in it if I could find
a cheap one. Anyone know what I need and where?
Thanks
JW

VIA K8M800 Universal 1.5V AGP 3.0 Motherboard

You can try searching for "FX5200 PCI",
which is a good search term because they never
made a PCI Express version of FX5200 and you
should not get PCI Express cards in your
search result.

In this example, these are customer returns cards
to the PNY warranty factory, which might not have
been handled properly.

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-VCGFX52PP.../dp/B000098PUF

Your machine may or may not have an AGP slot.
Or, it could have the copper pads for an AGP slot,
but no AGP connector.

You could also try for "FX5200 AGP", but only if there
is an AGP slot available on your motherboard.

Considering the state of supply of video cards,
we're seeing the end of an era. A lack of PCI
and AGP cards. No bridge chips to make new AGP cards.
And the PCI Express cards have had the VGA connector
removed. Now, you need a DisplayPort to VGA active
adapter to make a VGA signal.

You can take a look through Ebay and see what they've got.

Paul