Old February 19th 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
[email protected]

Default I've noticed some great deals on laptops on ebay

What about the buy it now ? The seller set's the price.
Then the fake biding that goes on. I post a item on there to sell, Call
3-5 friends and have them bid on it. This over drives the price up.

It happens all to many times.

timeOday wrote:
Phil Sherman wrote:
Ebay has become one of the largest fencing operations in the US for
stolen goods. I'm not surprised to see good (prices so low it's a
steal) deals.

Assuming we're talking about auctions, the price is set by the buyers,
not the seller, so "too good to be true" doesn't mean a whole lot.