Old May 26th 15, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers
micky

Default Does old ohardware work with new oses?

On Sat, 16 May 2015 19:45:42 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2015 16:33:15 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2015 19:26:28 -0400, micky
wrote:

Are color printers and a separate scanner, designed for win98, I think,
likely to still work with XP or later versions of Windows?

If so I would give them to a hamfest that could give them away at the
sponsor's table, or as part of the door prizes.

They are new, in the box.

(I know I could look each of them up for a specific answer, but not time
right now and the hamfest is in 8 days.)

Likely? Probably not. But the only way to be sure is to check the
manufacturer's web site to be whether Windows XP (or later) drivers
exist for it.

Boohoo. Maybe I'll have time before the next hamfest in a couple
months. It's probably bigger anyhow.

Thanks

I didn't have time to say that I was out of town from Sunday the 17th to
Friday the 22nd (at my niece's college graduation, Phi Beta Kappa, Summa
cum laude, plus she has a job and an apartment.)

I called the hamfest guy when I got back and said he could give them out
as doorprizes, hourly raffle. He said they had people who still used
'98 and that would be fine.

Byt I only got 15 hours sleep in 5 nights while gone, and a bad night's
sleep on Friday, and I forgot to set the alarm Satuday night. Woke up
at 1PM Sunday, watching the Indy 500 and wondering if that will
interfere with taping Rawhide, but that's on Saturday. What day is it
now? Sunday? Is it too late to go the hamfest? Oh, yeah, 1PM, I
guess it is. Another opportunity missed.

Not so many hamfests anymore but I'll try for one later this summer.

I'll print what Brandon wrote -- which doesn't surprise me much -- and
tape it to the box.

Thanks.