Old June 13th 18, 06:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default 2T SSD SATA - $250

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:21:39 -0400, Paul
wrote:

The method used on USB flash sticks, is obviously inferior
to the method used on SSD drives. (I had two USB TLC sticks
die after only one year of very light usage.)

I could use TLC in an archival capacity. And I'm sure someone would
like me to, by selling their product.

Earlier mentioned from the prior paper detailing planar charge states,
TLC being the more complex, has upwards to approaching ten voltage
levels committed at a foundation change state, let alone write
capacity. Hence to the later speed factoring for lower performance.

At that complexity, no less, when further lowered for congenital
degeneration at service life of 200 cycles, I'd wonder, how far is
such an extremity from purported more positive aspects of TLC as well
mentioned, and if that distance of impositions and limitations are,
altogether, to be disposed at an earlier stage of technological
interpretation increasingly lacking appreciable relevance.

Incredulous as it may seem to read of a SSD failure, and as certain as
it is easier to afford to say to stick to a likes leading the
forefront of SSD quality, Samsung or Intel, although that can only
then underline a greater significance for value given plattered drives
that aren't going anywhere anytime soon.