Old November 21st 06, 04:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
BC

Default Motherboard recommendation?

***** charles wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to build a computer with two AMD Opterons 2216's.
Which motherboard would you recommand?

thanks,
charles......

Dear Charles,

I would recommend whatever Tyan board has the slot/peripheral
configuration that fits best for you:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E16 813151052

Caveat: I have a Tyan socket 939 board, not one of these....

For a double-double CPU combo board, you might consider an Intel board
with the 5000X chipset:

I notice that this is the configuration that Apple chose for their high
end systems; the Mac Pro line has a board in it that looks like a
modified S5000XVNSATA.

Since the Intel quad core is already out, you could possibly use that,
depending on whether or not your application will take advantage of the
additional cores.

HTH,

BC

Intel product brief:

ftp://download.intel.com/products/pr...kprodbrief.pdf

Socket 771 CPUs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubCategory=343

AMD socket F/1207 CPUs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&srchIn Desc=