Old September 3rd 10, 01:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim Beard[_2_]

Default Windows Update just produced a BSOD (ati radeon HD 4300 Update)Vista 32 Bit

On 09/01/2010 09:43 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
Hi,

If I did not have the headache I would not have selected the
Video Driver download. Going to W7 from Vista very soon, that
hopefully will fix the HDTV capture playback problem I am seeing
and was part of my failed brain mistake.

With Windows Update, it is suppose to be a hands off operation
for the less skilled.

So no uninstall of the old driver could be done by me, if needed
it must be done by Windows Update and I think it was as the
screen resolution changed to low res.

I still cannot understand:

But WHY does Windows Update offer a update that causes a BSOD?

Everyone enjoys casting aspersions at a scapegoat. Microsoft
wants your user experience to be pleasant.

Enjoy.

If the pleasure becomes more than you can stand, install an
industrial-strength operating system. (Hint: Do learn
something about what you will need to do to use it, first.)
Or switch to the Mac/OS X.

Cheers!

jim b.

--