Old September 1st 10, 04:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Stephen H. Fischer[_2_]

Default Windows Update just produced a BSOD (ati radeon HD 4300 Update) Vista 32 Bit

Hi,

Yes, I have a headache that caused me to not realize what was being offered.

But WHY does Windows Update offer a update that causes a BSOD?

Is everyone asleep at the switch?

SHF

"KCB" wrote in message

"Stephen H. Fischer" wrote in message
Hi,

Windows Update just produced a BSOD (ati radeon HD 4300 Update) Vista 32
Bit after the screen got distorted, so watch this WU.

SHF

NEVER update your video card drivers from Windows Update. Get them from
the card manufacturer's web site, or directly from Nvidia or ATI/AMD, or
whoever made the chipset, if not one of those two. ALWAYS uninstall the
old drivers first.