Old June 26th 03, 04:48 PM
Mike Calkins

Sorry Dale,

Dock my pay.

"DEJ57" wrote in message
I stated that the memory were a pair of boards.

No, you didn't. None of your posts state the above.

I never stated that the modules needed to be installed in pairs

Yes, you did--sorta...
Quoting from the string...

Is this an usual SO-DIMM memory ??
I have 64 MB module, will it be working ??
/Jarek

No. It's Compaq unique and long before a SODIMM was ever even thought

of.
Tom

OK, Tom,
Perhaps it's a pre-SODIMM .... Gotta be in pairs, and follow the
previous links.
Mike

Mike's done such a poor job of describing what it is he is talking about I

have
to admit I don't know if he's correct or not. I had issue with the

confusing
description, not necessarily whether pre-SODIMM memory chips had to be
installed in pairs, and I don't think they do...but maybe so.

OK, I may be wrong, but I'm still critical of the way you have described

all
this.

Dale