Old February 16th 05, 05:57 PM
brady47

BobVal wrote:
I have just purchased a Argosy - HD363N Network Storage Enclosure and
put in my Maxtor 200 gig drive.

This Enclosure connects to your router by RJ45 and allows adding
Network storage cheaply.

It supports Fat16, Fat32.

The problems I am having:

1) When the drive wakes up after being unsed for a while it does not
allways connect properly and needs to be restarted.

2) I copied all the files I needed to the drive and have just used
applications that READ only from the drive but do not write and now I
have files that are corrupted.

Is anyone using this Network Enclosure?
Are you having any of these problems?

Bob Valentino

Hey BobVal, I have one too and am not having any problems yet at all. I
have a couple of gigs of files on there, lots of pictures(they are
being indexed no problem by google's Picasa2) and I'm even serving
about 12 gigs of MP3s to my audiotron(the discovery of songs doesn't
work properly, but if you manually create a TOC it works fine).

I would tend to think that the waking up problem is probably DHCP
related. The device can act as HCP server and client I believe, so
check to see what you have enabled, or better yet just use static(that
is how I have mine).I am pretty sure this device uses smb to share
folders.

There is also a telnet server on the device. Use Putty if you are on
windows and use the same admin and password you configured through the
web interface to login. Quite a few commands available and you can
really configure the thing from the telnet line if you want to. Just
type help after you are logged in to get a complete command reference.

I love this device so far and am very interested in hacking around with
it, specifically understanding the OS. Here is a pic of the board in it
if you are interested(warning, pretty large picture)

http://www.bradandsasha.com/images/HD-363N_Board.jpg

Good Luck